Acoustic Guitar

This is my blog on building an acoustic guitar that my wife got me as a kit. Some of the parts came preassembled, which is cool because I have a small child and no free time. ;-)

Friday, March 19, 2010

Laminating headstock

So, the headstock came pre-laminated, but there was a chip in the lamination that looked pretty bad.




So I bought some rosewood from Stewmac.com and glued it up using PVA type glue.



I used some Oak as a hardwood Caul.



Here is what it looks like all gued up. I need to drill the holes for the tuners and create a slot for the truss rod.


Next I rough cut at the band saw and then routed flush at the router table.








I also had to clear the area where the nut goes.


I also shaped the headstock to look cooler than the square shape it came in. Those pictures will be posted next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment