Acoustic Guitar

This is my blog on building an acoustic guitar that my wife got me as a kit. Some of the parts came preassembled, which is cool because I have a small child and no free time. ;-)

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Neck glueup

Tonight I glued-up the guitar's fret-board to the neck, being careful not to get any glue on the truss-rod. I had a caul made of oak on the fret-board so it did not get ruined due to the clamping pressure. I clamped using 6 clamps spread evenly across the neck. Before I glued and clamped I put 2 small brads into the neck and used these to locate the fret-board. worked well.
I also wiped the back of the rosewood fret-board with acetone to reduce the amount of oil for better glue adhesion.

These are the recently glued bindings and perfling on the top.




No comments:

Post a Comment