Acoustic Guitar

This is my blog on building an acoustic guitar that my wife got me as a kit. Some of the parts came preassembled, which is cool because I have a small child and no free time. ;-)

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

More brace work

Back to the guitar. No tool building tonight.
;-)


I had to set up my router to get the ends f the braces to an equal height. I also trimmed the pockets in the kerfed lining for the shoulder and X braces to sit on.

The photo below is how I rigged the router, by drilling a hole through the yellow plastic and mounting to the oak rails of my shooting board using a screw. I then se the bit to about 3/16 above the guitars soundboard.



kerfed lining cutting:





My guitar inscription:


Let me know if you can guess what it means. Also if you took Latin, let me know if my conjugation is correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment