Acoustic Guitar

This is my blog on building an acoustic guitar that my wife got me as a kit. Some of the parts came preassembled, which is cool because I have a small child and no free time. ;-)

Monday, January 4, 2010

Tools

I just made some templates for carving the braces based on the recommendations in the manual.

Soundboard with uncarved braces:


Brace templates:


I have stared making spool clamps for when I need to glueup the top to the sides. Went to Home Depot and bought the biggest diameter hardwood dowel they have and some self adhesive felt. Also bought some 1/4" x 6" bolts and 1/4" wing nuts. I cut the dowel into 1/2" sections and applied the adhesive felt to one side. drilled a 1/4" hole through the combo and attached the bolt through a pair and capped it off with a wing nut.


Very similar to these from Stew Mac:



www.stewmac.com


Also,
I have a Router and a Dremel, and am looking for any good recommendations for which is best for cutting the recess for the binding and the purfling.

No comments:

Post a Comment