Acoustic Guitar

This is my blog on building an acoustic guitar that my wife got me as a kit. Some of the parts came preassembled, which is cool because I have a small child and no free time. ;-)

Monday, January 4, 2010

Step One getting started

Just received an Acoustic Guitar Kit from my wife for my 35th birthday. I am super excited to start this thing. She picked it up from www.usguitarkits.com. It has a Cedar top and highly figured sycamore back and sides.




US Guitar Kits

So I opened the package and it comes with some instructions as well as some of the work pre done for you. This is great as I have a 19 month old and my time is super limited. This is my first attempt, so anything that helps success is welcome.




I came across this blog, which is super helpful and I recommend reading it:

http://acousticguitarbuild.blogspot.com/2008/06/introduction.html

I'll be back next time with some progress.

2 comments:

  1. You realize that this is acoustic - no blips and no MIDI! Good luck and I'll keep checking your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you never know. MIDI may eventually happen, I was thinking about adding 2 VCOs as well

    ReplyDelete