Acoustic Guitar

This is my blog on building an acoustic guitar that my wife got me as a kit. Some of the parts came preassembled, which is cool because I have a small child and no free time. ;-)

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Neck attached... sort of

Tonight I prepped the neck.
I started by clearing the channel for the truss rod. Making sure it was flush to the top. Next I prepped the peg head by putting a 3/8" bit in my drill press and opening the backs of the holes where the tuning machines go, so they sit flush, yet firm.

This was followed by dry fitting the neck to the body and making sure everything was in plane using a straight edge. I had to take some off the front of the neck because the straight edge was sitting a little above the guitar, which means that the neck was tilted back a little. Now every thing is in plane and ready for the fingerboard to be glued. I am probably going to us that rubber band thingy.



Also I am going to have to route the binding channels and shape the bindings before the neck is attached permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment