Acoustic Guitar

This is my blog on building an acoustic guitar that my wife got me as a kit. Some of the parts came preassembled, which is cool because I have a small child and no free time. ;-)

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Neck tang cut Bindings ordered

Yesterday I ordered the bindings and perfling. I settled on the Rosewood binding and the herringbone perfling. I am looking forward to completing this step.

I cut out the pocket for the neck tang. The stink part of this is that I did not have a flush trim bit that was piloted. All of the bits I have have a bearing, and the bearing and the screw are too long and would not allow me to fit in the cavity with the bit.
So I took my Dremel plunge routerbase, put in a straight cut bit and freehanded the cut. I then cleaned up with a chisel. I am getting better and better with the chisel.

This is how the www.usguitrkits.com recommended doing it:




Also received the jig for setting up the saddle.





Here are my bindings and perfiling:




Close up:

No comments:

Post a Comment